Christmas Recipes: Seafood Paella
By Paul Curran
Christmas recipe serves: 12
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Calories per serving: 605
Not suitable for freezing
Christmas Recipe Ingredients:
- Onions or shallot: 225 g (8 oz)
- Celery, 125 g (4 oz)
- Garlic cloves, 3
- Fish stock, 1.1 litres (2 pints)
- White wine, 300 ml (10 fl oz)
- Saffron, 1.25 ml (quarter tsp)
- Bay leaf, 1
- Fish fillets, skinless, cod, salmon, haddock 450 g (1 lb)
- Rice, wild 125 g (4 oz)
- Olive oil, 50 ml (2 fl oz)
- Rice, long-grain, 350 g (12 oz)
- Salt and pepper
- Butter, 25 g (1 oz)
- Mushrooms, wild in oil, drained 280 g jar
- Mushrooms, brown-cap 125 g (4 oz)
- Watercress, 2 bunches
- Prawns, King, peeled, cooked 500 g ( 1 lb)
Christmas Recipe Instructions:
- Crush peeled garlic, chop the celery and the onions. Combine the fish, bay leaf, wine, saffron and stock. Heat till biling and stand for 10 minutes. Sieve off the fish and keep the liquid. Fork the fish into large pieces.
- Prepare cooked wild rice in salted boiling water. About 40 minutes. Remove from the liquid and keep.
- At the same time, cook the garlic, celery and onions in the oil until soft. Add long-grain rice, heating for a couple of minutes before introducing the stock and bringing to the boil. Add seasoning and cook with a lid on at 200 degrees centigrade (400 F) for about 30 minutes.
- Cook all the mushrooms in butter for about 2 minutes. Take out the mushrooms, add the watercross and stir for about two minutes, till floppy.
- Mix the prawns, fish, watercress, mushrooms and wild rice into the long-grain rice. Season to taste and warm in oven for another minute.
- Then serve.
(c) Paul Curran, CEO of Cuzcom Internet Publishing Group and webmaster at Gifts-for-Christmas.com, bringing
you recipes and unique gifts for christmas including their
online home collectibles and russian gifts stores.